Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Landscape Painting Artist

There are a lot of people out there who think that landscape painting is nonsense. As a an artist, I admit that I respect them . Landscape painters are not just interior decorators, as so many people believe. Although many of our works do have their place in waiting rooms, dentist offices, and the living rooms of the middle class, nonetheless some of it is really and truly inspired work. This might all sound a bit touchy to you, the landscape artists do get touchy from time to time. After all, we are so used to not being taken seriously by our peers that it sometimes puts a chip on our shoulders.

But the fact is that I think that my art does what it is supposed to do: it makes people happy. As a landscape artist, I have specialized in pictures of sunny days, with rainbows from recently departed clouds and precipitation for many years. My work as a landscape artist depicts a type of day that, although rare, is almost universally longed for. Almost everyone has, at one point or another, seen one of these rainbows and a beautiful bright sky, and they know how much good luck and good cheer it can bring to them. Rather than painting complex emotions that might actually make someone feel worse rather than better, I paint something simple and joyous. This means that every time someone looks at the work of the landscape artists such as myself, they're going to feel good things. What is the point, after all, of art that does not make you feel happy? There is enough misery in the world as it is, if you ask me, and I would rather be a landscape artist who tries to change some of that misery to happiness during people's day to day lives.

But you tell that to the judges of so-called talent in the art world, the ones that never even look at the works of a talented landscape artist. Although the normal people know that the landscape artist is someone they can always trust to cheer them up, all of these self-proclaimed experts think that art has to be complex and original to be good. I ask you, is there any points to “good art” that only serves to make you think without heightening your mood? I really cannot think of a point to it. If I wanted to make people think, after all, I would be a novelist and not a landscape artist.

No comments: